from Lubrizol provides breakthrough performance in hair styling applications without compromising gel rheology or aesthetics. Excellent humidity resistance, tailored hold and crystal clear gels.
When combined with Carbopol® rheology modifiers, this innovative, patent pending hair fixative polymer delivers excellent humidity resistance and allows hold strength to be tailored from light to ultra-high stiffness without a significant change in gel viscosity or flow characteristics. Hair gels formulated with Fixate™ Freestyle polymer exhibit short flow, excellent pickup, air bubble suspension, high clarity, and smooth gel appearance making them suitable for a wide range of packaging from clear jars to tubes to pump spray bottles.
Key formulation benefits
- Stiffness levels tailorable from low to ultra-high hold
- Exceptional humidity resistance at all use levels
- Compatibility with Carbopol rheology modifiers
- Elegant, smooth gel aesthetics, excellent pickup
- Very high clarity gels
- Short flow, shear-thinning rheology
- Air bubble & insoluble ingredient suspension
- Rich cushiony feel on hands
- Non-raspy, non-tacky feel on hair
- Low to no flaking
- Efficient, easy-to-use liquid
Broad Applications Fit
- Classic hair gels in jars and tubes
- Hair gels with extreme short flow and ultra-high stiffness
- Non-aerosol pump sprays
- Styling waxes, pastes, puddings, putties and glues
Please contact us for more information on Fixate™ Freestyle polymer or the rest of the Lubrizol product range.